New adventures as coasties!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sandboarding...Take Two...

Over the break, Nick made sandboards in our garage.  He is so amazing!!!  We took them out last Monday.  It was a lot of fun, but the sand was so wet that we wouldn't move.  We found some steep dunes that we could go down without stopping after a foot or two, but we couldn't get much speed.  That was good for me since I'm scared to go fast, but Nick was disappointed.  I also discovered that sandboards make good sleds!  I even took Stevie down with me a couple of times.  The dogs love it, because they get to run around off leash and they get so exhausted from running in sand.  We love that they are exhausted!

We tried to go again today.  It hasn't rained since Thursday or Friday, but the dunes were still too wet to do anything but climb up them, which is not an easy task.  I think we're out of luck until it dries out more...sigh...I was really looking forward to the new form of exercise.  We did not take pictures today, but here are a few from our first attempt:

Sledding with Stevie.
Here I go...
...and this is me falling.
Here's Nick going down the big one!
And now he's running back up, that crazy boy!

I even have some video!  You lucky viewers!




Eventually, I'll get some more exciting footage and hopefully have some better stories to tell.  Until then, you'll just have to read about our other adventures!

Salut!
Ashley & Nick


No comments:

Post a Comment